If you want to have a spectacular home, but you don’t have an impressive-enough budget to pay an interior designer to help you with all the arrangements, to buy everything for you and to offer you the perfect finished and polished home you dream of, you need to learn to do it on your own. Some great materials you can use in the design, whether is for the interior or for the exterior of your house are marble and granite. These stones are both beautiful and they have a great resistance in time. Before learning a few more details about each and seeing a few pictures for inspiration, check this video to make sure you know the exact difference between marble and granite. If you want to take such an important design project to the end in a successful manner, you need to know which are the differences between these two stones and to recognize them easily.
Now, you need to know more about the advantages of using marble in your home or outside it:
- it’s beautiful. As it comes in a wide variety, marble can help you decorate your house in as many styles as you want. Is very versatile and is easy to coordinate with other objects in a certain room.
- it’s resistant. Once you have marble in the house, you don’t have to worry anymore about durability. It’s very hard to scratch, it doesn’t get stained and it maintains its shine for a very long time.
- it’s easy to clean. Especially if you have it in the bathroom or in the kitchen, you do not have to worry about the cleaning process. Its surface is ideal and it can be easily wiped in a matter of minutes.
And check these really great designs that could use as an inspiration for your own home.
Once you know how to distinct marble and granite, read about the advantages of the second in case you want to include it in the design of your house:
- it’s beautiful. Nothing different here, just the fact that beautiful granite is still different from beautiful marble.
- it’s versatile. The variety of colors in which granite can be found may be a little larger than that of marble.
- it’s cold and in the summer this is an advantage because it can help you keep liquids cool if placed on a granite table.
- it’s easy to clean. You only need water and a mild detergent to make it as new.
- it’s durable, so you can use granite objects inside and outside the house.
See the following pictures and think of how you could include granite in your home.
As you can see, it’s not very hard to tell the difference between marble and granite. Both stones look amazing in home design and as long as you want to be your own designer, you need to have a lot of inspiration before actually starting the renovation of your house.